[Rhodes22-list] Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif/Let the games begin.

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Nov 13 08:48:05 EST 2006

Absolutely, but that "history lesson" will likely not be seen by us.

Lincoln was not considered a great president, as a matter of fact, he was considered, in his time, a pretty BAD president. He was even deeply concerned that he would not be re-elected. The war was not popular (BTW, the thought the war would last a few weeks at best, he was wrong), nor was the way in which he was handling it. President Bush is downright soft on the way he handles criticism, compared to the way President Lincoln handled it in his day.

If we win this war, President Bush will likely be looked back on well. If not, he likely won't. However, his legacy is not really my worry. If we lose this war, it will only be because of leaving before we win. If we do that, you can bet our enemies will decide that we no longer have the stomach or will to win a war. 9/11 will seem like nothing compared to what will be headed our way.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX