[Rhodes22-list] to change the subject

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Tue Nov 14 11:57:14 EST 2006

they are selling this via sealed bids due Dec 6th rather than an asking
price    they think they will get between one and two million.  I think they
may be surprised because housing is a bit soft and they are thinking in
terms of a waterfront home community.   If I had the wherewithal I would put
in a 500,000 bid and use the parcel as a "taxpayer" with my combination
sailing/vacation cottage rental idea until the property could be re-sold or
redeveloped at much higher prices.   Lots of potential sailors out there who
pass up on sailing because the cost of a boat does not warrant the
investment for the time they could use their boat (unlike you) and because
they do not have a place to keep it and because their partner may not be
addicted.  Renting a place attached with a sailboat for a week or month each
year would bring them in from all over the country as well as tourists from
abroad.

I do not feel there is enough time, and there has not been enough List
interest, for anything to come of this dream beyond the usual "I told you"
ten or 20 years from now.

I am not even making a trailer sale from the guy buying the boat from you
but did ship you a mast hoist today which, if we are lucky, will arrive in
two pieces instead of three or four.

ss