[Rhodes22-list] Rory and other new boat owners re rudder

Rory Orkin roryorkin at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 17 07:55:37 EST 2006

As you can see , it looks like the situation you described.. Rudder in down
and forward position does hit the turning bar. In the 2nd picture you can
see how curved front edge of rudder allows downhaul to become pinched.
I assume it is rigged properly with downhaul running inside rudder housing
but would need to run forward of the turning bar if reinstalled.. Correct ??
If I take out the turning bar.. What would prevent this pinching ??