[Rhodes22-list] Rory and other new boat owners re rudder

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Fri Nov 17 14:29:56 EST 2006

of course the red rudder line was meant to be on the bow side of the turning
bar, not behind it.

the turning bar was meant to be mounted to the bottom of the rudder head so
that the down blade comes to stop by meeting the filler spacer between the
rudder cheeks and not by hitting against this little turning bar and using
this bar as its downside stop.   It apparently had been mounted too far aft.
You can get the red downhaul line to do what it was intended to do by having
an angle on the bottom side of the rudder cheeks spacer piece so the angle
allows the double line to be fed forward and around the bow side of the
turning bar before its two ends turn back to terminate in the two holes on
the leading edge of the rudder blade.

stan