[Rhodes22-list] Laz & Hatch Key

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Sun Nov 19 15:14:59 EST 2006

I actually had to replace my hatch lock due to corrosion about a year ago.
At first I couldn't find a replacement, but after searching the internet, I
found one at place called CabinetWare.  Their web site is
www.cabinetware.com .  The lock cost $5.25, plus $4.95 shipping.

I just looked back at their website and the price went up to $8.35 (pretty
high inflation in one year).  It is part number LK-2290

Bill W.

             Bill Effros
             <bill at effros.com>
             rhodes22-list-bou         The Rhodes 22 mail list
             nces at rhodes22.org         <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
                                                                        cc

             11/19/2006 10:36                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [Rhodes22-list] Laz & Hatch Key

             Please respond to
               The Rhodes 22
                 mail list
             <rhodes22-list at rh
                odes22.org>

My locksmith took a house key blank and cut it down to make a set of
hatch keys.  They all worked fine.  The blank for the laz is completely
different, and easier to duplicate, but you can't make a common key for
both the laz and the hatch.

Bill Effros

Philip wrote:
> I took a hatch key to a locksmith (for the 1989).  He said it was an odd
key, cut down from a larger blank.  He said my best bet would be contact
the manufacturer.  I contacted Stan and he had the second key.  The laz key
was ok and they copied it.