[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Anne, Mike W, Mark P,

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Nov 30 04:59:30 EST 2006

Anne,

     It is nice to have you back and contributing.  Yes 'real time' or
current discussion is good and is what this list is all about.  Even more
when it relates to sailing and sailboats.

     I constantly suggest checking the archives for many reasons.  For one,
old timers like yourself typically no longer reply to such repetitious
issues.  The person asking the question anew does not have the benefit of
some of the responses posted last year, three years ago, five years ago,
etc.  Many of those who were involved in the earlier discussions are no
longer on the list, for whatever reason.

     When I post the reference to checking the archives, it is usually to
those who were not on the list during previous discussions.  Some are
obviously too lazy to do any serious research on issues and want to be spoon
feed.  Most, however, have a serious question and would benefit in seeing
some of the previous answers and discussions.  One reason would be that
often current discussion does not cover ‘all’ the points made in discussions
over the years.

      Furthermore, maybe if some new person saw the old discussion and
analyzed that information with their experience and expertise, they would
offer an even better solution to the problem.

       Again, it is good to have you back in discussions and jabber.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:
"Waiter, there is a fly in my soup!"
"Sorry, sir, maybe I've forgotten it when I removed the other three. "