[Rhodes22-list] Tubes on Shrouds

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu Nov 30 11:36:13 EST 2006

Bill & Rex,

I have had the problem of the jib sheets hanging up at the bottom of the
shrouds, just above the deck, on my '81, particularly when coming about.  I
tried slightly larger diameter sheets when I replaced them last and still
they would "catch" at the bottom of the turnbuckle hardware on occasion.  I
solved the problem with a piece of shrink wrap covering the chain plate to
turnbuckle portion of the hardware.  They smoothed out the transition and
the sheet no longer gets pinned by the hardware.

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)

From: "Bill Effros" bill at effros.com Thursday, November 30, 2006 11:25 AM