[Rhodes22-list] Financial question by Lady Sailor

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Thu Nov 30 18:38:59 EST 2006

No one goes into the field of music, either performance or teaching, to get
rich.  But my bills are paid, my retirement is funded, home improvements are
made every year, I have a couple cool boats, we take vacations abroad every
couple years, cars are paid for and we have a new baby grand on the way.
Life's good. (knock on wood)  I never wanted to do anything else and feel
like my dreams have come true.  Of course there has been some hardship along
the way but I wouldn't trade my career for anything!

This will sound silly and trite but when I was just a little kid I watched
the "I Love Lucy" show and thought about how cool it would be to be one of
the boys in Ricky Ricardo's band.  I remember all those episodes where Ricky
goes down to the club in the afternoon to rehearse the boys for the big show
later that night.  I saw myself doing that and I've stayed the course ever
since.  Being a cowboy was my second choice.  Now I know lots of cowboy
songs.  8-)   Here' one of my favorites:

http://home.mn.rr.com/kslm/TheCattleCall.mp3

I wish nothing but the best for Elle's future beneficiaries.

Slim