[Rhodes22-list] Was Brad's Plane, Now Cory Lidle's Plan

mputnam1 at aol.com mputnam1 at aol.com
Thu Oct 12 16:51:04 EDT 2006

I'm not a pilot (so I don't know the lingo), but from what I heard yesterday, when you fly up either the East River or the Hudson, small aircraft have to stay below 1100 feet and it's pretty much watch out for yourself ... even though La Guardia is right up the East River.  You pilots would know more about this than me, but such a low altitude seems crazy.  I guess it's to avoid jets from the three major airports, but they're giving small aircraft pilots no room for error.  When you factor in the heights of the buildings, you've only got a few hundred feet of maneuvering room.

- Mark