[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 on eBay

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Fri Sep 1 09:44:43 EDT 2006

Rummy,
        I agree with you on this.  This boat is almost the twin of the one I
bought.  Mine was and 83, IMF, no trailer and 18" of ice and water inside.
I gladly paid the $2500 for it and hauled it back to Oregon.  About 150
hours and $1,000 I had a great Cascade Lake sailer.  For another $1000 I had
a boat that spent 5 weeks in the Sea of Cortez sailing 750 nm in some
challenging situations.  I did buy a brand new (2003) Triad trailer from
Stan along with some other goodies.  I have no regrets.  The boat's a steal.
On a slightly different subject the '76 with trailer and standard main and
motor that Bill Johnson is selling is also a deal I think, because it is
ready to go, has a trailer, and heck is the same vintage as the one I sailed
to the Bahamas.  The biggest plus is he was upfront about giving Stan the
5%.  Plus in the lightning thread no one had the misfortun to have their
boat struck by lightning but poor Bill's Erickson 25 was set on fire!
Bummer.

Hope the rain doesn't wash away anyone back east.

Chris G