[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 for sale.

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 23:45:21 EDT 2006

john
  i don't own a rhodes yet. i'm in texas. i sailed on my friends 84 in august and loved it . i'm from new york and know where port jefferson is located. i'm further out in the field than you and i was tempted. i actually bid on it and was high bidder for a few hours. i saved the email from ebay telling me i was the high bidder. but without actually going to see it i just couldn't get up the courage to close the deal. from the pics you can't see the bottom. she doesn't have a trailer and what about the title? and need i mention the cost of trailering it back to texas. if it was closer i could borrow a trailer and go get it but more questions than answers!!! one could but should one?
  come back john b
  p.s. my modem went down 8 hours before it was due to close and i took that as an omen!!

John Lock <jlock at relevantarts.com> wrote:
  At 01:43 PM 9/8/2006 -0400, Michael D. Weisner wrote:
>BTW, the eBay 1982 R22 that was sold last week for $565 + $119 was not paid
>for so it has been relisted at $200 + $119 as item number:140027245056
>
>Come on, who wants a bargain?

OK... let's assume for a moment that I would be crazy enough to get
the thing and drag it back down to Georgia. If the hull, mast, and
rigging are basically sound, does anyone have a guess at what kind of
$$$ would be needed to completely remodel the interior?

Cheers!

John

"I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it!"