[Rhodes22-list] Fuel Prices

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 10:26:05 EDT 2006

Here's a quick and dirty primer on fuel prices:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/plugs/plprimer.html

We paid around $2.65 per gallon on the way to the Gulf Coast.  We've been
paying $2.90 for diesel for our trucks and a bit less for our equipment sans
road tax.  Our company has dozens of bids out for various work that may or
may not come to fruition.  I made the policy months ago that for anything we
do that involves substantial machine time or trucking, the customer has to
sign off on we'll accept a 10% rise in fuel prices from the time we made the
bid, after that, the customer eats it.  To be fair, we'll pass the savings
on if fuel prices drop.  UPS and FedEx and most big transportation companies
operate that way.

EXCEPT, passenger airlines.  They're clueless!

Brad