[Rhodes22-list] Hey Slim - Vote Swap

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Wed Sep 13 16:16:33 EDT 2006

Brad,

I do live in the 5th con district which is urban Minneapolis and is as blue
as it gets.  The retiring Martin Sabo has held the seat since the 60s and
there's no way a republican will win in Nov.  Sabo endorsed his aid, Mike
Erlandson who came in second last night (my vote) but the DFL party endorsed
Ellison so he'll be impossible to beat.  But sure, I'll swap votes with you
if it'll make you feel better.

Today's Star-Trib did report on his past with Nation of Islam and Louis
Farrakhan, particularly his efforts in organizing the Million Man March.
But frankly, I'm more worried about his very ragged financial habits, the
zillions of unpaid parking tickets and his failure to report his campaign
contributions.  His math is just way too fuzzy.

Slim