[Rhodes22-list] Shocking Truth - Reply to welleducatedslim(political)

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 09:12:28 EDT 2006

Excellent!  The volunteers that flowed to the Gulf Coast immediately after
Katrina, especially the Red Cross, hit the ground running.  There's still
new church groups showing up every weekend and getting positive things
done.  My employer got their communications network in NOLA up and running
by the end of the first week and then turned it over to emergency
personnel.  WalMart had water and essential goods in place *before *and in
anticipation of Katrina.  Same thing happened with Home Depot and
generators.  My parents church, (most of us would call them poor but that
would really piss them off) a hundred souls on a good Sunday, sent almost a
$1000 the first week.  Congress authorized over 120 Billion, a third of it
spent.  You can see the effect of the volunteers. With the 'Gubment', it
ain't happening folks.

Brad