[Rhodes22-list] Masters of War on KSLM

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Thu Sep 14 11:58:58 EDT 2006

> Some day he will be considered THE "bard of the cultural revolution" in the
> U.S. (or is he already recognized as such?)

Saroj,

Nothing bugs him more than to be called that.  Or so he wrote in his book,
"Chronicles".  He also said he wanted no part of the whole teen
rebellion/James Dean thing.  He says, "Even a lost cause is better than no
cause."

His book is pretty fun to read.  Nothing earth-shattering or scandalous but
the guy knows how to turn a phrase.  Except there's one section where he
goes into his idea of music "theory" and tries to explain his process of
composition.  It made utterly no sense whatsoever!  Either he's just putting
us on (likely) or he's off his rocker.

His new CD, Modern Times is pretty good.  There's a lot of ballads and a
couple good rockers but the title "Modern Times" is odd because all the
songs are quite retro.  I liked his previous CD, Love and Theft a lot more.

Slim