[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Hank an alternate route home

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Sep 15 06:22:39 EDT 2006

Hank,

      Where are you located?  Consider not going the shortest route and
avoid traffic.  You will be towing a trailer.  Go the way professional
truckers would.  Use I-78 from NYC to I-81 to I-70 or I-66 which ever gets
closer to your destinatioln.  Yes it adds 50 miles, but it has less traffic
and traffic jams.  If you get stuck in major traffic around Philadelphia,
Dover, Baltimore or DC you will easily take more time.  Going 50 miles
around is often faster than fighting your way thru those cities.  Remember,
you will be toting a boat.
       If you are further south than DC, US 17 provides a way to skirt the
DC traffic.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA