[Rhodes22-list] Good News - Gas Prices Falling

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 06:56:55 EDT 2006

Saroj,

I'm teaching an event this morning that I haven't taught in awhile and have
to study before work.  Time is short, but maybe this afternoon I can
organizie the sustainable building websites I've collected over the years
and send the best ones to you.

There's nothing wrong with SIP's, concrete is just a little stronger and
acts as a better heat sink (doesn't change temperature as quickly).  The
insulated forms are perfect for basements but that doesn't sound like an
option for you because of the water table.

Bamboo works well over radiant floor systems.  There are several
manufacturers and styles of bamboo interior panels and planks. Exterior use
I'm not so sure about.  I've got some good links there as well, scattered
amongst the hundreds of others.

The living roofs are usually concrete with a slight curvature to them.  The
water drains to the edges where it is collected, drained to an underground
cistern tank, and then re-cycled for watering the lawn.  You can use a
mixture of pots to grow small fruit trees, flowers, vegetables, and
decorative lawn grasses mixed in with walkways and seating areas to build an
outdoor patio room. You'll need stairway access to the roof of course.  It
takes the right site for it to look right.  The alternative would be a SIP
roof, and for me, metal roofing.

Let me get back to studying so I don't look like a fool today and I'll
follow-up with some links for you.

Brad