[Rhodes22-list] Keep the plane in the Aire

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 08:05:58 EDT 2006

Ed,

That requires too much eye-hand coordination - the reason I sucked in Little
League.

I just sent the link to the wall system from Florida.  The reason I like it
so much is because it is a hybrid between a SIP and ICF (insulated concrete
form).  Unless you need the hurricane resistance, a garden variety SIP would
suffice.  Another aspect I liked is that the architect has developed a
method of exterior siding where he uses stucco and shapes it to whatever
look you want.  We discussed clapboard siding to fit in with the Mississippi
Gulf Coast style, and he said he could do it, much like the log siding on
the website. The interior you just plaster with whatever texture you want.
There are some US producers of standard SIP's with concrete board facing
that will do the same thing.  If 'taking a bath' isn't a problem, then you
use SIP's or ICF's, drywall the interior and put the siding of your choice
on the exterior. I love the look of cedar but not the maintenance, been
there, done that.

Not only do I want my next home to be as energy efficient as possible, it
needs to be as maintenance free as possible.  I don't do ladders, I'm afraid
of heights.  That's no joke!

Brad