[Rhodes22-list] Fwd: Hello from Iraqi Kurdistan!

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sun Sep 17 12:00:07 EDT 2006

Hank,

Interesting.  More interesting: who paid for their trip?  Who  paid for the
television ads?  Who's behind this?  Inquiring minds want  to know - or is the
answer obvious?

I hope you had the opportunity to read the front page of The Washington  Post
this morning.  The story in the center of the page is titled "Ties to  GOP
Trumped Know-How Among Staff Sent To Rebuild Iraq" - you may have noted  it.
You may have noted the quote on the top of page A24 "I'm Not Here For  The
Iraqis.  I'm Here For George Bush".  You may have noted the  office, and named
official, in the Pentagon that was tasked to vett the  appropriate neo-con
credentials for anyone sent to Iraq to rebuild the country -  think political
patronage and you understand staffing for the Iraq rebuilding  program.  You may have
noted the 2+ full newspaper pages detailing some of  the sorry performance of
the "politically correct" crowd sent to rebuild the  country.  One principal
activity of the politically correct crowd seemed to  be telling people "things
are great in Iraq" - think of your Kurdistan  visitors.

And now I think you probably know who paid for the Kurdistan visitors trip
and the television ads.  And I think you know why it's appearing this  election
season.

Dave