[Rhodes22-list] cons of rhodes 22

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sun Sep 17 21:47:43 EDT 2006

Erly, What's the van rated for? Our Chev Blazer is rated to
tow  5,000 lbs. It does ok hauling the Rhodes but we only tow it a
couple of times a year. It we were to tow long distances more often
and if we had a lot of hills we might look for something a little
beefier. The Rhodes does tow well but it's fairly heavy for its size
(all those amenities weigh something). Because of the 9 stays it
takes a bit longer to set up than a boat with fewer. On the plus side
is the IMF which allows you to raise mast, sails and boom all at
once. Of course that bundle is heavier than the individual pieces so
a mast raising system like the once GB sells comes in very handy.

Best,

Mary Lou
1991 R22   Fretless
Swan Creek (Rock Hall, MD)