[Rhodes22-list] Roger

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Mon Sep 18 19:57:46 EDT 2006

I thought his life rails were ugly too but after sailing on it, I found them
pretty handy.  They give you an almost infinite number of hand-holds when
the boat is heeling or when you're going forward.  They're handy at the dock
manhandling the boat here and there.  They don't get in the way of anything.
Most importantly he raised two young sons on that boat and the rails insured
their safety.  He also had the boat on the Great Lakes many times which can
be just as rough as any blue water and they may not do anything for the
aesthetics of the boat but they're very useful and practical.  That's Roger.

He's doing well.  He's told me a couple times what his job is and I still
couldn't tell you what he does, but he travels a lot and said he's applied
for 6 patents since he's been here.  He says his company is outperforming
all the other companies in the area that do whatever it is they do.  He
stays busy and active and seems to like it here but laments that his wife
hasn't found a job (public school counseling) here yet so they have to spend
another school year apart.

Slim