[Rhodes22-list] Politics - The Loss of All Sanity

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 00:30:10 EDT 2006

Forgive me folks, but am I the only American that finds this disgusting?  I
despised Billy Clinton as Governor of Arkansas, personally,
professionally, and politically, but when he became President, I couldn't
fathom accepting the assassination of the President.

Here is today's film news.

....."Death of a President," which stirred controversy in the days ahead of
the festival, took home the Fipresci prize, which is chosen by international
critics. The film, a fictional documentary showing the assassination of

*President Bush*<http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=President+Bush>,
was noted by the jury "for the audacity with which it distorts reality to
reveal a larger truth."

Accepting the award, British director Gabriel Range said he was encouraged
the film had recently signed a U.S. distribution deal. "I hope that's proof
that people can see beyond the premise and see that it's a film about this
post 9/11 world we live in," he said at a ceremony......

Where are our great moral leaders, say, Ted Kennedy?  Wouldn't you think he
would find this mind set a bit disturbing after losing two brothers to this
evil?  Yea, Yea, Yea, First Amendment Rights, etc., etc..  Is this really
art?

Are we really this depraved?

Brad the Infidel