[Rhodes22-list] Erly and towing the Rhodes 22

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue Sep 19 12:21:37 EDT 2006

At 10:53 AM 9/19/2006 -0400, R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
>Instead of trashing the porta potti, you can empty it, rinse and then let
>soak with a 1/3 mixture of water and bleach. The bleach will
>eliminate odors.
>Straight bleach works faster but is somewhat dangerous to work with.

I learned from my homebrewing activities that bleaching plastic will
only work for so long.  After several cleanings, plastic will develop
many tiny scratches and gouges for bacteria to hide in.  Plus,
plastic will absorb odors as well.  It's not as impermeable as you
might think.  Even bleaching will not salvage it after a certain
point.  You have to trash it and start over to get really fresh and clean.

Cheers!

John

"Yoda of Borg are we.  Assimilated prepare to be..."