[Rhodes22-list] Fleet Events for Rhoadies!

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 10:08:27 EDT 2006

Art,
  I've mentioned it before but will do so again....I'm on a lovely creek, lots of space for anchoring out,  a launching ramp very close to the house, and a large field to park vehicles & trailers...Just off the Chesapeake Bay...this could be a stop on the caravan...

  elle

"Arthur H. Czerwonky" <czerwonky at earthlink.net> wrote:
  Peter,

I've suggested this before, no harm to try again. Central Florida Yacht Club (CFYC) in Orlando, among many other "clubs" (Texas, Great Lakes, NE Trailer Sailors) organizes regular caravan trips/outings during the sailing season. While we may be more apt to let our boats lounge at a dock or mooring, why don't we pull together a few trips ourselves. The NC Coast, Melbourne, P City, Chesapeake Bay. There have to be a few of us that are willing to trailer to some exotic site, launch together/sail together and really utilize the benefits we enjoy in our spectacular boats. Edenton environs might be a starter so we can include Stan. CFYC has made the 'work' of setup easier because they help each other rig for sailing, cook, wash up, and enjoy swapping stories, pictures, and ideas. We could call it Expo7, and should be alot of fun. If scheduled on an off week and weekend, maybe spanning two weekends, we have a larger turnout.

One part of the plan should include seeing the plant and a "show and tell" on autopilots, IMF, Sails, VHF options, etc. I would be glad to set up the BR for anyone who is curious. Stan or staff might be willing to give us tips on refinishing and removing oxidation from the hull, or other points of interest. We could use one time segment of the get together to include wannabes. We could have sailing events and nonsense events, such as a sculling championship event. Who has ideas?

Some of us will meet at the Annapolis Boat Show - I'm looking forward to meeting other R22 skippers, big time. Lets literally get it together. Thoughts??

Art