[Rhodes22-list] Re: Location of bail for boom vang

Luis Guzman trpclman at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 19:05:02 EDT 2006

I have a question for the marine engineers in the list.

  What is the best locastion for a boom vang bail?

  I checked out a couple of boats next to mine and one hs the bail 1/4 length of the boom in from the mast, the other 31/3 length of the boom in from the mast.

  There is a bail on my boom, but it is 1/2 way in and I do not think that is the right location.

  Luis