[Rhodes22-list] Fleet Events for Rhoadies!

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Mon Sep 25 16:40:49 EDT 2006

Peter,
I would love to go, but October is pretty much booked out with kid
activities (soccer, band, etc.).  My wife is having surgery in mid-Novmeber
and I've been told that I BETTER NOT go anywhere for a month after that.
So, go ahead and make your plans and if it works out, great.  Or, perhaps
others on the list might want to go.  I know it would be a great trip.
Especially Cape Lookout.

Bill Wickman

             Peter Thorn
             <pthorn at nc.rr.com
                                       The Rhodes 22 mail list
             09/25/2006 12:44          <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: [Rhodes22-list] Fleet Events
               The Rhodes 22           for Rhoadies!
                 mail list
             <rhodes22-list at rh
                odes22.org>

Hi Bill,

My sailing buddies and I are planning another Ocracoke and/or Cape Lookout
trip, sometime in October or November.  Claiborne Young, the cruising guy,
says in his book that October 1 to mid Nov is the best time to plan such a
trip on the Pamlico and Outter Banks.  If you can make it, you are most
welcome to join us.

A Tanzer 26 (Lawrence) and a Catalina 25 (Arch) both slipped at Whittaker
Creek ONC will likely come along.  My buddy George with his Paceship 23 (a
trailerable boat) may come too.   Last year we we had a great time, but had

to cut the trip short because Hurricane Wilma threatened to head our way.
She never did make it, but we were long gone by that time  :)

No dates are set yet, so we are flexible right now.

PT