[Rhodes22-list] Bill's Bahamas Adventure

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Tue Sep 26 15:56:53 EDT 2006

I pulled out at NOC (Nantahala Outdoor Center) just below Lesser Wesser
(normally a Class III+ but a Class IV+ due to high water on Sunday, or so
they told me ).  I think the Class V you are referring to is called Greater
Wesser just downstream of NOC.  It is considered VERY dangerous due to
sharp rocks and no clear route through it.

Bill Wickman

             TN Rhodey
             <tnrhodey at hotmail
             Sent by:                  rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
             rhodes22-list-bou                                          cc
             nces at rhodes22.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [Rhodes22-list] Bill's Bahamas
             09/26/2006 02:34          Adventure
             PM

             Please respond to
               The Rhodes 22
                 mail list
             <rhodes22-list at rh
                odes22.org>

Bill,

I have kayaked the Nantahala a few times. I bet it was up quite a bit. Did
you pull out at the Nature Center (or whatever it is called).....if you
keep
going I think there is a Class V!

Wally

>From: "William E. Wickman" <wewickman at duke-energy.com>
>To: The Rhodes 22 mail list <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
>Subject: RE: [Rhodes22-list] Bill's Bahamas Adventure
>Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:05:00 -0400
>

>The Nantahala.  It is dam fed, but the extra rainwater run-off turned it
>into a raging torrent.
>

>              TN Rhodey
>              <tnrhodey at hotmail
>              .com>