[Rhodes22-list] For Bill Effros

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Sep 29 11:29:04 EDT 2006

"Elle"

I changed the subject as a courtesy to you.  No matter where you put the
quotation marks in your original statement, what you said was:

"Roy Hazlewood, FBI Special Agent who has spent 16 years researching
serial killers, et al, including Hannibal Lector."

and I said

"Wow!

An FBI Special Agent who specializes in researching fictional characters!

Sure makes ME proud to be an American.

Slim, this crowd can dish it out, but they sure can't take it."

You may not know this, but we try to avoid making personal attacks on
this list.  You've really got some nerve saying that I got MY facts
wrong on this matter.  I stand by my reply no matter where you put the
quotation marks.  How about you?

You started this by posting some right-wing nut-bar screed in which you
equated your views with being a "True-American" with the implication
that anyone who disagreed with your views was less American than you --
a "False-American" I suppose.  The Three Stooges chimed in, in support.

Slim took the bait and your group blasted him out of the water for
making comments as offensive to you as yours were to many of the rest of
us in this group.

Then you cited Roy Hazlewood, (I assume you really meant to cite Roy
Hazelwood, a former FBI agent, who is excellent at self-promotion, with
a goofy specialty that only works in fiction) as agreeing with your
point of view, and cited his credentials as being someone who had spent
16 years researching a fictional character.  Doh!

Your move.

Bill Effros