[Rhodes22-list] Heightened Level of Security (Humor)

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 03:17:50 EDT 2007

politically the french are a pain at times but look at it from their perspective. i don't believe they have ever been in a war with belgium, but practically every other country in europe, britain and the soviets have won a war or two with the french. might give you a complex wouldn't you think.

Bob Keller <r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com> wrote:  Rummy,
That is beautiful, but I don't know why it is labeled "humor". It was
pretty much "factual," except that France has "Collaberate" as a normal part
of their foreign policy and "Surrender" as the first response. Just a fine
point, I know, but still an important part of the discussion...
BK

>From: R22RumRunner at aol.com
>To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
>Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Heightened Level of Security (Humor)
>Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:53:55 EST
>

>The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats
>and have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved."
>

>Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or
>even
>"A Bit Cross." Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in
>1940
>when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized
>from
>"Tiresome" to a "Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a
>"Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the great fire of 1666.
>

>Also, the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its
>terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in
>France are
>"Surrender" and "Collaborate." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire
>that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the
>country's
>military capability.
>

>It's not only the English and French that are on a higher alert. Italy
>has
>increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate
>Military Posturing." Two more levels remain "Ineffective Combat
>Operations" and
>"Change Sides."
>

>The Germans also increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance"
>"Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher
>levels: "Invade a Neighbor" and "Lose."
>

>Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual, and the only
>threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.
>

>The Spanish are all excited to see their new fleet of gaily painted
>submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass
>bottoms so
>the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

>http://www.aol.com.

5.5%* 30 year fixed mortgage rate. Good credit refinance. Up to 5 free
quotes - *Terms
https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5d&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=910