[Rhodes22-list] GPS Comments

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Fri Apr 6 01:43:29 EDT 2007

Wally & Lee,

Could you tell me whether the Garmin 76 has a sufficiently loud audio  alarm?
 I have a Lowrance iFinder and it basically only shows an alarm on  the
display when you hit a way point - there's no audible alarm - so if you're  not
staring at the display you'd never know an alarm had been triggered.  I  think a
sufficiently loud audio alarm would be very useful.

Also, fwiw, Practical Sailor reported tests of hand held charting GPS  units
in their Nov 06 issue.  Neither the Magellan Explorist, nor  the Lowrance
iFinder  survived their dunk test, the Garmin 76  did.

Dave