[Rhodes22-list] What's up with my mast?

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Fri Apr 6 11:55:18 EDT 2007

Excellent!  Thanks for that link.  I'll get some measurements later
today, but I'm almost certain they aren't like that.  Particularly
the hole patterns, I don't have nearly that many.

The "gooseneck" that I have is really just a metal rod pinned into a
bracket, which is fixed onto the mast.  There is another bracket
screwed to that rod, which accepts the pin from the boom end.  That
metal rod could not act as a slider inside the mast because its
diameter is too large, won't fit up in there.  But something similar,
manufactured to the right dimensions, would do the trick.

SPeaking of which, my research so far has turned up both netal and
nylon sliders that might be used to make something.  Any advantages
of one material over the other?

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22