[Rhodes22-list] For John Lock's Eyes

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Apr 8 07:50:43 EDT 2007

John,
Concerning Rodgers boat, many of the things that apply to other  R22's, will
not apply to your boat. As I told you earlier, this boat was  originally a
salvage boat purchased from an insurance company. Rodger glassed  over the front
ports because he didn't like them. The hatch was installed by  Rodger. He
gutted the entire interior of the boat and rebuilt it using my boat  as a guide,
but making some alterations to fit his needs. The two wires sticking  up
through the deck could possibly be for the steaming light most R22's have,  but not
included on your boat because of the non standard mast Rodger  used.
The mast you have carries more sail and he also added about 200 pounds of
additional ballast to the keel area. You have a boat that he built for speed and
 racing and it does sail fast.
Rodger does have a cell phone and I'm sure he would answer any questions  you
might have about the boat.

Rummy