[Rhodes22-list] need help with shredded main sail

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Apr 9 14:08:14 EDT 2007

Pete,

      It was good to hear from you.  Although the circumstances are not so
good.

      The only way to get another sail in your time frame would be from
Stan.  However, think $1,000.

      The IMF mail sail is a sail of a different cut.  The only two lofts I
know who have made it are Doyle and Lee.  Stan gets his from Doyle at a
manufacturs price and quality, so if I wanted a new sail I would call Stan.
As far as I know only Doyle makes the new design and it might have to go
thru Stan.

        You can probably get your sail patched into a serviceable shape for
much less.  However, the turnaround time will not make your schedule unless
you have a loft that does repair in the Keys.  Keep in mind that this is the
busy time for sailboat suppliers.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA