[Rhodes22-list] Battteries

Michael Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Apr 11 13:45:20 EDT 2007

How do you eliminate the hydrogen gas produced while charging from the V
berth area.  I keep my batteries under the cockpit benches to avoid
dangerous build-up of hydrogen.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
     Nissequogue, NY

From: R22RumRunner at aol.com Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:13 PM
Mike,
I have batteries on Rum Runner. Both are side by side under the v berth. I
have all the running lights on one battery and everything else on the other.

Eventually I would want to have everything go to both batteries using a
switch.
 My stereo is the biggest drain on juice, that's why I've kept it separate
from  the running lights. I have two group 27's and have never run out of
juice.
I've  put a strain on the system, but have always had enough. My solar panel
was taken  out by a hail stone several years ago and I have a charger
mounted on the peg  board in the V berth.

Rummy

http://www.aol.com.