[Rhodes22-list] PHRF and get togethers

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Wed Apr 11 16:57:44 EDT 2007

Wally,

Neuse Yacht Racing Assoc runs both a "jib and main" and a "spinnaker" fleet.
To compete, boats must get a rating certificate by filling out a measurement
form (honor system) and pay a small fee for either one year or three years.
The PHRF rating is assigned by the local PHRF committee.  The PHRF rules
apply equally for both fleets, so if you have a 170 there is a 9/sec/mile
rating penalty over the 155.  Since I'm not smart enough to make up
9/sec/mile with a 175, I choose to sail with a 155.  I have yet to get my
boat in the water, so haven't raced Raven yet.

Wally, would you pay dues to be a member of the R22 class association?

PT