[Rhodes22-list] Probable leak in Bow Railing

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Apr 11 20:13:15 EDT 2007

At 06:51 PM 4/11/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>I seriously doubt the center board is your culprit. There are other things
>much easier to diagnose such as ports and of course the companionway hatch
>cover. Removing the centerboard trunk cover is a MAJOR project and
>should only
>be under taken as a last resort. Remember, this is a boat. Some water in the
>bilge is acceptable.

The ports and companionway are not the source of this particular
leak.  I've had over a week with no rain or appreciable dew.  Same
amount of water is still accumulates in the bilge each day.  So I'm
convinced it has to be something below the waterline.  I can live
with it for now, it's not a lot of water.  I'll just need to keep
things ventilated and replace the float switch in the bilge so I
don't have to keep checking it daily.

Cheers!

John Lock