[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes Ralley on the Neuse Oct 17,18-25

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Thu Apr 12 12:47:19 EDT 2007

Hello Mike and Everyone,

Friends at the Lake Townsend YC trailer sailing club, Greensboro, NC are
crossing from Oriental to Ocracoke (Neuse River to Pamlico Sound) Oct 18 -25
Thursday through Sunday.  More Rhodes 22 boats would be very welcome on this
four day trip, so mark your calendars now.  The LTYC trailer sailor boats
will launch and store vehicles and trailers at the Oriental, NC Wildlife
Ramps (where Bill Wickman launched).

Another option to join this group would be to be my guest at Blackbeard
Sailing Club, New Bern.  This club is 22 miles upriver on the Neuse and
would require one additional day spent on the water each way.  By then I
hope to have Raven in a slip there.  Blackbeard is a private club
geographically inside Fairfield Harbor development with safe parking behind
a high fence, large bathhouses, ramps, docks and a cozy clubhouse.  If you
are interested in this, arrival should be planned for Wednesday October
17th.  I would need to meet you to let you in the gate.

According to Claiborne Young's "Cruising Guide to Coastal NC", this is the
best time of year to sail the Neuse River and Pamlico Sound.  Temperatures
are nice, winds are good and the slip rates on Ocracoke are off-season
reasonable.  The town of Ocracoke is pedestrian friendly, with lots of great
art shops and restaurants near Silver Lake.

Art, Claude, Mike or anyone else interested in possibly attending, please
contact me.  This will be a great trip and worth a little scheming to take
off a few days from work.

PT