[Rhodes22-list] Don Imus

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 12 21:28:58 EDT 2007

Slim,

Good points.  Like Imus you’re a performer. On your next engagement I
recommend you single out some couple in the audience and the gentleman about the
whore he’s sitting next to.  Use your freedom of speech for a little  humor.
Great way to end your act, huh?

The young women on the Rutgers girls basketball team are not ho’s, or if
they are neither I, nor you, nor Imus are aware of it.  If anyone on this  board
wants to degrade any woman, or group of women - in the name of good humor  and
free speech, of course -  I seriously recommend they nominate their  wives,
mothers, and daughters to Imus.  Perhaps his calling them whores on  nationally
syndicated shows will not upset those board members.  All  those who would
like to have their daughters, wives, or mothers identified as  whores on a
nationally syndicated TV show feel free to sign up at the end of  this message.  If
Imus won't slam the women in your life maybe we can slam  them on this board,
post their names to other message boards, etc - all in  the name of fun and
free speech, of course.  Slim?

Imus is free to be a shock jock, but that does not give him permission to
say whatever pops into his head or out of his mouth.  There is no special
category of citizen called "shock jock" that is above the law or who is allowed  to
be beyond the bounds of decency.  When Imus, or any of them, begin to  libel
people, particularly private people, and very particularly young private
people, they’ve crossed the line.  If I were the father of any of those  young
ladies, I’d be pissed - and I suspect some are.  I suspect his  sponsors and the
network are pulling out because it’s occurred to them that they  are
accessories.

Dave