[Rhodes22-list] Don Imus

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 07:29:51 EDT 2007

Slim and Rik,

I'm with you on this one Slim, what's the big deal? Sure it was tasteless
and mean spirited, but my radio came with an ON/OFF button as well as a
tuner.  Rik makes a valid observation, listen to rap music (or better yet,
don't).  Michelle Malkin at michellemalkin.com published the lyrics to the
current top five rap songs.  All are full of references to 'ho's' and the N
word that is reserved for only certain people. All the usual professional
race-baiters have appeared right on schedule - Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton,
et al.  There is definitely a double standard!  I've written two letters to
the editor of the Memphis Commercial Appeal calling out one of their
columnists, Wendy Thomas, for race-baiting.  Both were published but I soon
realized it was easier to quit reading that newspaper.  Racism, or rather
accusing others of racism,  is a new growth industry in the US.  I'm sick of
it!

Brad