[Rhodes22-list] toilets on porches?

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 22:11:07 EDT 2007

Elle,

A good friend of mine has been "remodeling" his house for about 15 years now
at the rate of one room about every five years.  He started with the
bathroom and quickly realized the old lathe and plaster was a bigger project
than he anticipated.  He had another bath in the basement so that's what
he's used all this time.  The commode found a spot in the living room with
the lid down and a potted plant on the seat for a decade or so.  After a
party one weekend he discovered a wet spot on the living room floor.  Yep,
someone moved the plant and used the 'toilet'.  It found a new home in the
back yard and has been there ever since.  You might want to cut a hole in
the porch if you plan to leave yours there.

Brad