[Rhodes22-list] On Don Imus

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 16:47:55 EDT 2007

Dave,

Between income taxes and watching my daughter blow bubbles in the back yard,
I don't have a lot of time for this nonsense but I'll rip a few thoughts off
before returning to more important things.

Don't refer to Imus as "my boy".  I could give a shit about Imus - or you.
The only thing we have in common is we're both white, and I don't like all
white people.  You are correct, Imus is not the problem.  The reaction to
Imus is the problem.  Some crotchety old white guy tries to make a joke
using street jargon and it falls flat.  Who cares?  The race baiting
industry does, that is the problem.  If this is the worst thing these girls
suffer in life they'll be fine. Whitlock has no obligation to follow some
ethnic line of reasoning any more than you or I do.  He's already being
called an Uncle Tom on some blogs.  That is shameful.  Frankly, I'm not a
big fan of lawsuits but I do hope the Duke 3 sue Nifong.  Now about that
whitey business community you speak of - they don't give a rats ass about
your color as long as you show-up on time, are sober, and put in a hard days
work.  I'll hire Martians if they can meet those requirements.  Know any?

It is time to go blow some bubbles instead of smoke.  Have a nice day!

Brad