[Rhodes22-list] Bay Get Together

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 15:24:40 EDT 2007

Rhodies,

I send this out several hours ago in PDF format but it
hasn't yet appeared on the list.

So here it is in the body of an email.

Sorry if the formatting gets messed up.

elle

Rory & I  have tried to make a criteria list for a
get-together.

If you think of something we left out, please let us
know....

Please rank the following as 1, 2, 3, or “not on this
green earth.”

Would you be interested in coming to a a Bay
get-together?
1) Yes
2) No
3) ?

1. Would you prefer to a) sail in, b) drive in (no
> boat ), c) trailer in.
>
> 2. Time frame for the gathering (your time away from

> home will vary depending upon distance from the
> venue):
>
> a) June, b) Sept., c) October  D.(July & Aug would
be OK but too
hot to be out on the water)

> 3) Length of time for gathering :
>
> a) weekend only (for the meet & greet)
> b) part of week plus weekend (either before or after

> weekend)...to explore/sail around after the major
meet
> & greet. Some could stay & sail, some could
leave.....

> 4)Your preferred area to gather:
>
> a) Upper Bay (not Eastern Shore)
> b) Middle Bay) (either Herrington area or Eastern
> Shore...altho' the geography is not perfect
> c)Lower Bay...might be No. Neck or Middle
Peninsula...

5)Will you require
a) lodging only
b) storage for tow vehicle and trailer& launch
facility
c) both  a) & b)

> Actually, as I'm writing this, I'm thinking the
lower
Rappahannock might be a perfect place..near the lower
Bay..several
marinas w/launch ramps & may be some state facilities
nearby..
...plenty of places to anchor out...

> There is the classic boat race on Columbus Day
weekend...on the Rappahannock ...it's a big deal
here......that's also Annapolis boat show
weekend......but I think the NC racers will be
involved in a big Neuse River race that weekend......>

> Or we could meet on the Rappahannock or Middle
Peninsula the
week (end) following Columbus weekend...Good
facilities in the
area and little traffic or congestion.

Let us know your ideas...Send ‘em to Rory... ;^)  !

 1992 Rhodes 22   Recyc '06  "Water Music"   (Lady in Red)