[Rhodes22-list] Spring lines - reply to Wally

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Apr 18 08:27:06 EDT 2007

Elle:

Spring lines work at a dock, I cannot comprehend why they would not work as
Bob described.  My boat sat on the first row of docks to prevailing winds
and storms, so I always over tied.  I used both fore and aft spring lines.
The fore spring line comes up over the side amidships.

I also use 'Snubber' on fore dock line and garden hose covering of lines
that rub ruff places so they do not chafe ware break.  See west marine
catalog, 2007, page 241.  The dock lines demonstrated in west are not
adequate for my location.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:
"When people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong.  When people
thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that
thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is
flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."  Asimov's
axiom as quoted by Michael Shermer