[Rhodes22-list] Fuels

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 09:21:39 EDT 2007

Rummy,

Not knowing what you are pumping is precisely the issue for me personally.
I can run the E-225 Continental in my Bo on 80/87 octane but you have to buy
91 octane to get away from ethanol and even then you can't be sure.  There
will always be a demand for non-ethanol fuel but perhaps at a higher price.
The problem with these blanket laws that corn growing states pass is they
run roughshod over the marketplace and aren't necessarily based on solid
economics.  As far as people getting rich - I doubt it.  If you want in on
the ethanol and bio-diesel markets, buy ADM stock.  Some of the smaller
ethanol plants will make it, some will be bought up by ADM, and most will
get squeezed out.  When I was a kid, every little town had an independent
grain elevator.  Now they are owned by ADM, Cargail, etc., or in most cases
they no longer exist.  The economies of scale in the ethanol biz is the
same.  Buy ADM.

Brad