[Rhodes22-list] gusty winds the John and Burt show

ASNOOCH at aol.com ASNOOCH at aol.com
Fri Apr 20 16:23:39 EDT 2007

Hi Folks,
   I'll be glad to submit photos of the lazy jack system on my  Rhodes.... I
installed the system approximately 5 years ago after purchasing a  main from
Stan. Due to the fixed and mobile harbor structures where I rent dock  space ,
very high traffic levels of very large power boats over 40 feet,  commercial,
including ferry boats, my over 65 body, and a pitiful lack of able  bodied
seamen...including railmeat... those lazy jacks so often earn their keep.  Their
initial installation required some jury rigging to find the optimium boom
points ... once set .. just forget , unless sail sq. ft changed...
  This weekend expect to get ship in water... will try to submit  photos soon
thereafter.  I do envy you warm water sailors..... with that  year round
season.... My season both starts and finishes with power.....rum /  brandy power.
  Burt
Golden Snooch ,82 Rhodes 22
Long Island, NY