[Rhodes22-list] Elle's continuing saga...

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 16:48:11 EDT 2007

Ed,

You need to
1) Understand the question being asked
2) Not treat the questioner like an idiot because they
have the audacity to ask something you find to be
simple.

You are an interesting case. One can never win with
you. If a question is posted to the list you say the
Commodore has the answer...if  one dares to imply they
have inquired of ss you get all bent & rant that he is
too busy to answer our little inquiries.

Having been a boat owner for over 10 years I am well
aware of the availability of various commercial
devices to achieve certain results. However, I also
achieve a certain satisfaction by keeping my $$ and
coming up with an elegant yet simple solution. Hence,
'da list.' You have all been there before me and most
likely have encountered and solved the very situations
I am now experiencing.  I like to solve my own
problems but why not listen to what others have
done...Let the brain cells live for another day..;^)

If you feel put upon...don't answer.

Now...one more time. Crossing the outboard stern line
over to port has nothing to do with chafe. The engine
is in the way. Period. No big deal. Got several
variations on a solution & will try them.

Don't let the bungee snap you in the b..t on the way
out...

elle

--- Tootle <ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:

> Elle:
>
> You need to learn how to ask questions that can be
> answered with ‘yes or
> no’.
>
> You asked, “Does anyone have the Tohatsu w/ the
> device that connects to the
> rudder??�  There are many of us who have Tohatsu
> outboards.  Most have the 8
> h.p., but a few have 6’s and 9.9’s.  Stan
> abhorred the two cycle motors and
> therefore I am not aware of any having his
> connecting contraption.  However,
> the fundamentals of design should be
> interchangeable.  Commodore Spitzer
> should be able to handle this issue.
>
> Elle said, “forgot to mark them before we went out
> tonite…�  In maritime
> language, that is called knots.
>
> And, “To have enough slack to let it drop on the
> extreme lows yet keep it
> off the dock on the high has been tricky.�  They
> make commercial devices to
> solve this problem besides the lift already
> mentioned by Bud.
>
> I do not recall if you own or rent this dock.  If
> renting, then the lift is
> out.  If renting you still might want to consider
> the tidal variation
> compensating devices.
>
>  You said, “No...lower unit & prop of engine are
> in the way of crossing on
> port side & ladder on the stbd side…�  Is
> chafing your issue?  Then as I
> said previously, add rubber or plastic hose over
> that part of the line that
> might chafe.  Use knots to keep that hose in place.
> Too add to Leland’s
> remarks about hooks, they now make high tensile
> plastic hooks that would
> also work.  Too add to Art’s comments, use bungee
> cords to keep lines up to
> a level that you are comfortable with.  You are
> aware that bungee cords
> stretch?
>
> As to your comments about the retired guy with eye
> problems, it sounds like
> he has good eyes and has his eye on the appropriate
> things… And even has
> found a way to get things close enough to see.
>
> Ed K
> Greenville, SC, USA
> Addendum:  “flam - a convex shape in the topsides
> as they rise toward the
> sheer. The compliment of flare.�
>

> --
> Nabble.com.
www.rhodes22.org/list

 1992 Rhodes 22   Recyc '06  "Water Music"   (Lady in Red)