[Rhodes22-list] table in cabin was Re: boom room picture (maybe)

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Aug 1 18:22:11 EDT 2007

At 10:42 AM 8/1/2007, you wrote:
>Have you ever considered a bulkhead mounted variation of cabin table
>smaller than the standard one we all have?  I'm noticing my larger
>standard table is a little restrictive.  Any thoughts?  Your recent
>experience in a cruising mode probably generated some cruising
>oriented wish list items.

Art,
Some time ago we came to the same conclusion and bought a small
folding patio table at some discount store. It was some time ago so
they were still making them out of wood. Fred varnished it and
notched two of the corners which gives it some stability when wedged
up against the bulkhead. Looks good too.  It stows in the head. We
have the semi-enclosed head so those with the fully enclosed head
would have to adapt the idea to their layout. It's very handy as a
bit of extra counter space when cooking. It works as a dining table
as long as there are only two. We often set it up in the cockpit for
breakfast or cocktails. I'll try attaching some pics.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD