[Rhodes22-list] Rum Runner fun.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Aug 2 12:40:25 EDT 2007

John,
That's actually the funny part to this whole story. After we realized what
happened, Rodger released the main and the genny and then swam around to the
centerboard, stood on it trying to right the boat. It wouldn't budge. So he
came  back around where we were and he found his wife hanging onto the gunnel in
the  water protecting her drink. When asked to release the boat so he could
right  her, she didn't want to lose her drink. Anyway, she finally let go of the
hull  and the boat popped back up with very little help. We ended up with
about fifty  gallons of water in the cabin. We pumped it out with the wash down
pump and went  on our way.
We lost three rum and cokes and one pack of cig's. It was a great  afternoon.
The stereo continued to play even though water was pouring over it. I  can
still remember the CD that was playing, Don Henley's "building the perfect
beast".

Rummy