[Rhodes22-list] Political: "Winning" the war in Iraq

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Aug 7 16:06:04 EDT 2007

Dave,
I'm in agreement.  The Surge is just another way of saying Stay The Course.

anyone happen to catch the news that the Pentagon can't account for almost
200,000 weapons that were given to the Iraqi security forces since 2003?
The security force training program was headed up by General David Petraeus,
now commander in Iraq.  We blame Iran for helping arm the insurgents (what?
no acquisitions against Saudi Arabia?  who has a vested interest in the
Sunni insurgents) when we are likely to blame.  How's that for ironic, the
American tax payers bought weapons that are being used to kill American
soldiers.

Rummy,
thanks for stirring the pot!

- rob