[Rhodes22-list] reply to Dave Woten about subject of war

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Aug 8 08:02:30 EDT 2007

Dave Lewis:

You present a problem to this forum.  You fail to correct the subject line.
Therefore, and henceforth send Stan a dollar for each time you fail to
correct the subject line.

As to the definition of war, I stopped to check the dictionary.  The
definitions that I found gave no credence to your position of a definite
beginning and end.

Rather the definitions used generalities like the politicians.  “War is a
condition of belligerency to be maintained by physical force.”   “A contest
between states, carried on by force, whether for defense, for revenging
insults and redressing wrongs, or for any other purpose; declared and open
hostilities.”

You are using your personal definitions to define international issues on
this forum.  War does not need a defined end, but rather may just fade away.
And I recall in history of a “30 years war”.  Furthermore, I would continue
that some wars are forever, as in the issues you disregarded.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  “No particular superiority of intelligence aids a man in becoming
a super salesman.””…things that matter most are a winning personality … and
sheer experience in selling.” Walter Pitkin